SCA COMPETITION CHEER TEAM
Comp Cheer Season starts in November and runs through March .
We are thrilled to be offering a new half-year program for our competition cheerleaders this year. We will be partnering again with Twister Allstars gym and are looking forward to it. Our goal is to compete in 3 local competitions in the metro Atlanta area.
INDIVIDUAL COST (set fees per cheerleader)
- REGISTRATION FEE $350 (payable to SSCA) covers the following
Uniform Rental- to be turned in at end of the season (shell, skirt)
- Briefs, uniform bow, shoes, sweatshirt & backpack
- $325 --- (payable to Twisters) covers 2 (2 hour) practices per week for 5 months
- TWISTERS Annual Registration Fee --- $50
- USASF Fee --- $30 In order to compete all athletes must be registered through the USASF (United States All Star Federation). There will be a late fee of $20 if not registered by the deadline (TBD)
TEAM COST (tentative totals depending on # of cheerleaders-will be divided equally)
- Music --- $850*
- Choreography --- $2800 (this is a high estimate)*
- Competition Fees --- estimated $275 to $500 (cost for 3 to 5 events) these will range depending on the number of competitions attended*
* TENTATIVE COST PER ATHLETE FOR THE 2020 SEASON: $1,000
TRY OUT INFORMATION
A Tryout clinic will be held after the sideline football season has come to an end. We will be hosting a 2 day clinic at TWISTER ALLSTARS during the week, following Cheer Bowl. Those trying out will learn a short dance routine and cheer.
Required for Sharon Springs Competition Tryouts:
- $25 tryout fee (covers practice t-shirt and gym fees)
- Age range is from 6-12 years old
- Basic skills required: Jumps, beginner tumbling skills, & able to retain choreography
- Cheerleading is a team sport & at Sharon Springs we are a family, positive attitudes & upbeat personalities are a must
Practice – 2 hours twice a week* (all practices are mandatory, unless pre-approved by coach)
*Additional practices may be required closer to each competition
We will compete in at least 3 local competitions, and may qualify for additional competitions (possibly out of town) depending on scoring at the local competitions.
Tentative competition dates are below. Twister Allstars will determine what level we will compete at once the team is selected. We do not know how many squads we will compete against or the times until the week of the competition.
Dec-1st or 8th Cheersport Grand
Jan-19st or 26th Cheersport
Feb-16th and 17th OR Feb 23rd and 24th (two day comp) Cheersport Nationals
We are happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
Please reach out to:
Loryn Mittelman - SSCA Comp Cheer Director
Christina Kotwica - SSCA President